Friday, 11 April 2014

time traveling wonders

Claire wearing my Inner Wild capelet and sleeves in dark grey

these Inner Wild handmade sleeves take at least as long to knit as the capelet

Claire wearing one of my Inner Wild shrugs

These are men's Celtic knotwork fingerless gloves I made which look divine on Claire


A dear friend suggested I read Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series of books years ago when I lived in New Zealand.

I loved them so much I couldn't bring myself to read the last book so the story, for me, would never end.

And now traveling through time, without the use of standing stones, to last year ... I didn't even know Outlander the television series was about to be filmed here in Scotland until the costume department began buying my Inner Wild, wilderness wear for dearhearts capelets, sleeves, fingerless gloves, cowls, shrugs, mens socks and boot cuffs.

My cousins have sent me a few photos of Claire wearing some Inner Wild garments. These have been hand knitted by me, close, but not too close, to Hebridean standing stones.

1. Inner Wild capelet and sleeves and also this capelet
2. Inner Wild shrug
3. Inner Wild Celtic gauntlets, men's size in chunky hand-dyed pure wool

Inner Wild, wilderness wear for dearhearts - Scottish supplier to Outlander. Happy to make clothes for fellow Outlander fans and Caitriots x Convo me on Etsy.



4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!
    I'm also excited to hear that Outlander is being filmed. I loved that series. And I love your amazing clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the books to, I bought the first one at the airport on my way to Paris. It got me over the Atlantic twice. How exciting for your work to be on film! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thrilled that they have asked you to make the hand knit items for the series! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Flora!! I couldn't be Happier for you and it is SO Wonderful that they found your Gorgeous Creations and are using them for the Series to truly bring an Authentic "Air" to the Costuming. SO Overjoyed for you and I ****love**** my InnerWild Creation you made, it's Stunning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete