color palette

10:51



Breath-taking color palette of costumes from The Duchess. I'm so taken by these soft, pale naturals for young miss virgins - and the stronger, richer but always natural colors and fabrics for madam and mrs. I was captivated by the pretty shades in Scene One - the maidens playing on the lawn with the young lords and my love escalated from there.

Michael O'Connor is the Genius Costume Designer - perhaps you know he won many awards for his designs for the film including an Oscar. When I was collecting screen grabs from BBC iPlayer to share here I noticed his clever limiting of the palette to brown and blue supported by natural, muted cream, sage, olive and a dusky red-pink.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am with you, Flora, those color palettes are sweet perfection! The costumes in that movie were incredible. Love!

    ReplyDelete



.